The upskilling imperative: Building a Future Ready Audit Work Force in the Digital Age
The proposed panel discussion will address how AI, digitization, and automation is opening doors to tremendous opportunities for innovation and growth—and how it is creating new challenges and complexities for internal audit functions of all sizes. Panelists will discuss the unique opportunities and challenges that the COVID era has presented, and how they are taking bold steps to address the leadership, strategic, technological and talent strategies to future proof their internal audit workforce of the future. Aligned with the conference theme of ‘pivoting in a reimagined world’, the speakers will be discussing real world examples of situations where digital technology and related capabilities have enabled auditors to become more resilient, resourceful and responsive to the needs of the business. The case studies and related leading practices presented will incorporate practical tips and strategies that will enable functions of varying sizes to pivot and successfully build a future ready workforce to embrace the digital age.
The presentation will align with the topic ‘Building a future ready internal audit workforce in the digital and AI age’ and the three pillars of the conference (resourceful, response and resilient) in the following manner:
- An overview of the current COVID operating context for internal auditors
- Insights from Deloitte’s recent studies
- Pivoting to digital in the COVID era – Case studies from panelists on how internal audit functions are leveraging digital capabilities and solutions and what this means to the workforce. Real world insights on how talent is being upskilled to leverage these tools and technology and become more resilient, responsive an resourceful.
- The path ahead – what does this mean to us as an internal audit profession and where do we go from here?
- Questions and Answers from participants
- Session will have English and French capability