To Go One Step Further: The Case for an Audit of Strategy
The topic of our presentation that would go along your theme is: To Go One Step Further: The Case for an Audit of Strategy. It is based on the article published in the Internal Auditor (https://iaonline.theiia.org/2019/Pages/An-Audit-of-Strategy.aspx), which was also the most read article of the year 2019, which was published by IIA Global. So, the topic is “hot” for the internal auditor. As said in the previous paragraph, while the strategic risks are the most important for the key stakeholders, internal auditors are lacking methodologies and tools to tackle these risks. Thus in the eyes of the decision makers internal audit is lagging behind and is not the leading profession as it should be.
The main points of presentation would be:
- Understand the importance of strategic risk in relation to other risks.
- The influence of COVID-19 on the strategic risks of the organisations.
- Develop a four-step process for strategy development and implementation.
- Gain tools and methodologies for auditing strategy development and implementation.
- Discover the main risks of each step of strategy development and implementation.